Good Evening Sharks, this is Principal Smith with your Weekly Update. I want to thank Ms. Torres for an excellent presentation in the Parent Center last Friday on the topic of A-G requirements! The material presented was thorough and clear, and Ms. Torres welcomed all of the clarifying questions! I also want to say how happy I was to see so many parents at the meeting.
On Friday, January 29th, the English department is hosting an assembly for all students called, “Get Lit.” All students will attend with either their English class or will receive a summons for another period.
Also on Friday, the Math department is hosting another Math Contest during Nutrition in Rooms 11 and 12. Sign up with your Math teacher, donuts and prizes will be part of this event!
There are no meetings this week at school, but here are a few reminders:
* When turning out of the parking lot onto Balboa, it is a Left Turn Only, please obey the traffic law.
* Students who are tardy are issued a 15 minute detention and are expected to serve it the day they receive the summons.
* Cell phones are to be kept out of sight during all instructional periods, and headphones and earbuds are to be kept put away. Students may receive phone calls and text messages before and after school and at Nutrition and Lunch.
* Senior baby pictures are due to Room 22 asap if you want your baby picture in the yearbook. The cost is $2.
* Mr. Cramer, room 11, has applications for Rotary Youth Leadership Awards and Leadership Training. Applications are due Jan. 25th.
* Ms. Mauermann, Room 20, has the Spring California Scholarship Federation applications for membership in CSF. The due date is this coming Friday, January 29th.
Behavioral Expectations at DPMHS are:
* Be Safe
* Be respectful
* Be Responsible
That’s it for this week! See you tomorrow!