The Daniel Pearl Magnet High School community has been recognized by many organizations for many reasons throughout the years. Here are a few of them:
- Human Relations Award
For our school-wide efforts to end bullying with the Hear My Voice campaign
- Title I Academic Achievement School for 2012-13
To receive this distinction, our school had to demonstrate that all students are making significant progress toward proficiency on California’s academic content standards and that our socioeconomically disadvantaged students have doubled the achievement targets set for them for two consecutive years
- English Learners API Gain 2012-2013 Certificate of Achievement
Awarded to our school for the massive 107 point increase in API for the English Learners sub-group.
- Our Music teacher, Ms. Jackie Remillard Gorski, is an LAUSD Teacher of the Year. Here is a short video about her accomplishments produced by our students.
- U.S. News & World Report Best High School (every year we’ve been eligible)
Ranked 515 out of over 19,000 high schools across the country
- Washington Post “America’s Most Challenging High Schools”
Ranked 770 out of more than 2,000 high schools nation-wide
- Ranked 40 in the list of Top 75 Los Angeles County Schools by Los Angeles Magazine
- English/Language Arts Center of Merit
At least 72% of our students have scored Proficient or Advanced on the CST’s